Friday, October 27, 2006

Oddest Question Ever?

I’ve worked in customer service/leisure on and off for almost ten years. Still though the customers surprise me. One customer booked a party with me today. It cost a fair bit too and we ask for payment upfront.

“Hmmm, I’m very hesitant about paying first.” She said.

“No worries madam, should you change your mind you’ve got until 48 hours before your event to cancel with a guarantee of a refund.” I reassured her.

“Oh no, it’s not that. It’s just what happens if you go bankrupt in that time?”

I thought she was joking but she had the most serious expression. I suppose bigger companies have gone tits up in less time but her booking was only 3 weeks away. The centre was, as she could see absolutely heaving and we’ve just invested a fair amount of money in our new Adventure Golf Attraction. Without wishing to tempt fate I reassured her that there was very little chance of that happening since we’ve been open for 10 years and this week was one of our busiest weeks on record.

Has to be said though, customers are fricking weird sometimes.

Anyway. Got my best par today on the above mentioned golf. Only 42. The course par is 38 so I’m almost there!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very weird!!!!

Chris said...

Perhaps she was one of those "secret customers" employed by Head Office to spy on their employees...

Anonymous said...

Never forget the golden customer service rule: the customer is always shite.

smeg_head said...

She definately wasn't a secret customer Chris... we are head office ;)

And Jamie, has to be said 90% of the time your feelings are right. I've posted a few times on this blog about the disrespect and ignorance some customers treat staff with.