Thursday, August 23, 2007

An Utter Banker

“I will not tolerate Third World service!” said the man in the cheap grey suit quite loudly.

The line had been non-moving for the best part of 5-10 minutes. But it was a busy morning. There were a number of people getting holiday money and one woman sorting out problems with her credit card. Thankfully I’m quite patient and I could see that the line wasn’t moving because all the tellers were genuinely busy.

Still the man moaned. “It is, it really is Third World service” again speaking loudly to no one in particular. What an up tight self-centred prick. If it really was ‘third world’ then before visiting the bank to sort out whatever money issue he had he would probably have to walked 3 miles just for water.

If he was behind me I would have told him to shut up, sadly he was a good seven people back in the queue and I really didn’t want to make a scene.

I hate wankers like him. He only had to wait 10 minutes to be served. Once the middle-aged lady in front had got her euros the line moved rapidly again. If there was genuinely crap service then fair enough, moan away but all the staff were working quickly and efficiently and, to be honest, the bank is the one ‘shop’ where I wouldn’t want the staff to rush transactions.

Still the self important prick thought he would moan some more, he seemed blind to the fact that there were 20 other customers waiting quietly and patiently, oh no the whole bank had to revolve around him.

I love working in the customer service industry but hate it when customers fail to realise they’re the problem.. It’s a shame we can’t complain to our bosses about them like they do to us. A bit like yesterday really, though that's one story I can't really publish in the public domain…

No comments: