Sunday, March 18, 2007

3rd Bloggiversary

It’s my 3rd Bloggiversary today. I usually get all introverted on this occasion and this year I will be no different. On my 1st Bloggiversary I noted that I had made 100 posts.

Today, marks my 302nd post. Talk about maintaining a perfect statistic. Still it confirms what I feared 2 years ago – that only roughly 1/3 of my life generates anything worth blogging. Initially this sounds utterly depressing. Then I realised something. I spend on average 5 days a week at work. 5x52 = 260. 365-260=105. I only get 105 days off. Give or take the odd day off that I waste being really lazy and not doing a sodding thing… or the days off when I’m doing mundane things like house cleaning and actually 100 posts isn’t so bad after all. It’s roughly a post for every day off, i.e. when I have the free time to think about something to write.

Of course it isn’t the truth. I often write my blog while at work, but it eases my thoughts a little…

Anyway I need a New Blog Year resolution. I have decided I want my forth year to be a little more positive. Less rants more interest. Perhaps take a leaf out of Geezer’s book and see what lies under my nose to talk about. Nuggets of Hereford that need bringing to the online world.

That, however, will have to wait a few days. See you then!

No comments: