Thursday, February 08, 2007

Snowday

This was my view as I woke up this morning.


As I pulled back my curtains my heart skipped with excitement. The world looked pure and beautiful, covered with glistening white stuff. I love snow and I love that feeling of awe that rushes over you when you first open the curtains.

Then there was the tinge of disappointment. I’m the last of my friends to still have my ‘Saturday job’. I’m the only person with the morning off. Even though I’m 26 the prospect of sledging and snowman building was still fantastic. The last big snow day was 12 years ago. I spent all of it with my best friend at the time doing all those snow related activities you can think off. I wanted to do it again but even my usual suspect now has a ‘proper’ 9-5 job.

So what can I do? I can’t snowball fight with myself. I’ve decided I’m going to leave for work early this afternoon and take a scenic route. Take some nice photos of snowy Herefordshire and prey that work’s quiet enough to close early for some snowball action.

Failing that, I might just write my name in it.

No comments: