Thursday, February 01, 2007

Lylat Bores

I've been waiting 10 years for this game.

After Starwing & Lylatwars on the SNES & N64 I wanted more Fox McCloud. The gamecube came and went and offered 2 very poor insults to the Starfox legacy.

Then the big N teased me with screenshots and video of Starfox Command. I was excited again. I finally got my hands on a copy and...

...it's crap. Why are Nintendo so hesitent to give us a good LylatWars followup? They're obsessed with changing the format. If I wanted a strategic fighter I'd buy Advanced Wars.

No I want the blisteringly fast and furious shoot-em-up fun the original 2 offered. Instead we've got this stylus controlled mess.

Imagine if Nintento tinkered with the controls of Mario Kart this much? There'd be outrage! So why the constant different formats to Starfox?!

Oh well, at least I can use it for a trade in for Wario Ware Smooth moves I suppose.

No comments: