Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Dog Tired

Back on the 18th March I pondered over how long I’d actually keep this Blog up. I’m ashamed to admit that after just one week and a holiday to the large building site that is the Costa Del Sol the regular posting stopped.

I did forget for a while. Then a few weeks ago I was online and remembered, but couldn’t think of anything to say. I still can’t but I know if I don’t keep going I will regret it. Not today perhaps, not even tomorrow but someday and for the rest of my life.

So I return to Blog land today to find that the site has had a redesign which aids my confusion.

Anyway what have I been up to of late?

Well the end of march and early April was taken up by a holiday to Spain. The resort was gorgeous, the company was great but the weather was awful. Still on the plus side I learnt a host of new card games and discovered some great new cocktails.

Since then I’ve been hosting a weekly pub quiz and generally just working. A visit to Alton Towers here, a meal with the ‘in-laws’ there.

Last night was perhaps one of the oddest in a while. I found myself cheering on my works football team as they played a local leisure centre. I don’t care for football, it doesn’t interest me but I felt that I should give the gang some moral support. There was a hitch. I gave them this support whilst dressed as a giant dog. It was funny at the time and believe me next time I go to Disneyland I may feel a bit of compassion for Tigger and Mickey.

What else have I been up to? Oh yes I went from one extreme to the other on the DJ front. My last gig (Sunday March 21st) was awful. Last week’s was a blinder. The minute I put on the first record (Peter Andre arrrgh!) the dance floor was full and it didn’t empty until New York New York three hours later. The atmosphere was electric and I was on a high for the rest of the weekend. So thank you local maternity unit for such a great night! (Also thank you to someone in that room that night for putting your thumbprint in the back of my head during my first few seconds of life!)

No comments: