Thursday, July 01, 2004

The louder you scream, the faster we go!

Monday morning saw me headed down the M4 with one of my best mates to check out Alton Tower’s little sister – Thorpe Park. The park has seen much expansion in the last few years since it was taken over by the Tussauds Group. It used to be a dreary Theme Park. I visited it as an 11 year old and I was bored! Since Tussauds took the reigns two world class coasters have been added as well as a whole host of new ‘flat’ thrill rides. Sadly the park is still quite small and is easily do-able in a few hours but it is set in gorgeous surroundings. Lush greenery and two lakes make it a suprising oasis just a few miles outside of London.

There is one ride there which I personally feels makes the two-hour-or-so-trek down to London justified. Tidal Wave. Go and that only if you don’t mind being damp for the rest of the day. I’ve been on water rides before, but Tidal Wave makes the Thames look dry.

So the verdict? Not quite up to Alton Towers standards but it is catching up. Colossus & Nemesis: Inferno are great coasters and give it another 5 or so years of investment and Thorpe Park could become a fantastic day out. 7/10

BIG BROTHER BIT – Oh dear oh dear. Last night I gasped in amazement as Marco turned into a vile snivelling snide wretch of a man. Obviously bitter about being nominated he started taking side swipes at other contestants until Victor, thankfully, put him in his place. Although it doesn’t effect my sweepstake this week, please, for my sanity – vote Marco out.

No comments: